"Flat Stanley," the beloved children's book written by Jeff Brown in 1964, has become a literary and pop culture phenomenon, delighting readers and travelers all around the world. And now, with this Broadway Junior edition, you can take everyone's favorite two-dimensional hero and give him a new life on the stage! Stanley Lambchop is your ordinary, every day, run-of-the-mill kid: normal mom and dad, normal little brother, normal life. That's just the problem...for Stanley, life is too normal. He wants to travel the world and do something amazing, something no one's ever done before. Be careful what you wish for, Stanley! Whether he's thwarting a robbery at the Louvre Museum in Paris, or 'hanging ten' off the coast of Hawaii, Stanley learns a valuable lesson: you can find adventure in everything you do! Order a CD audio sampler or a DVD sampler for a songlist, casting information, ShowKit contents, licensing information and more.
Important information - Please read
Each Broadway Jr. or $495 Kids ShowKit includes: 30 Student Libretto/Actor's Scripts, 1 Piano/Vocal Score, 1 Director Script (including 1 Production Handbook and 1 Cross-Curricular Book), 2 Performance/Accompaniment CDs, 1 Choreography DVD, 1 Media Disk ($645 shows only), and 30 Family Matters Booklets. Upon placing your order, you will receive a contract directly from Hal Leonard Corporation. After the signed contract is returned to Hal Leonard, they will send you the complete ShowKit (non-returnable) and a Dramatic Performing License that will allow your organization unlimited performing rights for one year. J.W. Pepper will then send you an invoice for all the material. For schools or organizations that have licensed the production and purchased the complete ShowKit, additional items are available for an additional cost. To preview each musical, just order the Audio Sampler for the show you are considering. In each sampler you'll find a complete overview of the show, a list of characters, song ranges, scene breakdowns, and a full recording of each song. It also includes a complete description of the ShowKit components, details on how to order, and other important information regarding your performance.
Audio samplers may be purchased anytime.
Show Kit must be purchased in order to purchase all other items.
Due to the fact that "grandrights" must be obtained for licensing and performance of Broadway Jr. Shows, certain restrictions do apply:
- Performances must be done by accredited schools using students in Grade 9 or under only. High schools with students older than ninth grade must contact Music Theater International directly.
- Dance Studios and Summer Camps which are accredited by the American Camping Association may also perform the shows. The summer camp must be connected to an accredited academic elementary/middle school that licenses the show for the camp. These types of organizations will have some different license restrictions with respect to the age of performers, the number of performances allowed and the time frame during which the performances must take place.
- Sorry, orders cannot be processed for Community Theatres, Children's Theatres or Performing Arts schools which do not have an academic curriculum.
- Your purchase price includes the materials in the showkit plus unlimited performing rights for one year. Upon placing your order, you will receive a performance rights license from Hal Leonard Corporation. After the completed license is returned to Hal Leonard, they will send out the complete Showkit (non-returnable). Pepper® will then send you an invoice for the material.
- Products may be sold only in the United States.