The legendary Shure SM57 is exceptional for musical instrument pickup and vocals. With its bright, clean sound and contoured frequency response, the SM57 is ideal for live sound reinforcement and recording. The SM57 has an extremely effective cardioid pickup pattern that isolates the main sound source while minimizing background noise. In the studio, it is excellent for recording drums, guitar, and woodwinds. Outstanding performance, reliability, and application diversity make this "workhorse" the choice of performers, producers, and sound engineers worldwide.
- Frequency response tailored for drums, guitars, and vocals
- Uniform cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source while reducing background noise
- Pneumatic shock-mount system cuts down handling noise
- Extremely durable under the heaviest use
- Supplied break-resistant swivel adapter that rotates 180°
- Legendary Shure quality, ruggedness, and reliability
- Type: Dynamic
- Frequency Response: 40 to 15,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Sensitivity (at 1,000 Hz Open Circuit Voltage) Open Circuit Voltage: -56.0 dBV/Pa(1.6 mV)(1 Pa = 94 dB SPL)
- Impedance: Rated impedance is 150 ohms (310 ohms actual) for connection to microphone inputs rated low impedance.
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin two with respect to pin three.
- Case: Dark gray, enamel-painted, die-cast steel with a polycarbonate grille and a stainless steel screen.
- Connector: Three-pin professional audio connector (male XLR type)
- Net Weight: 284 grams (10 oz)
- Dimensions: 157 mm (6-3/16 in.) L x 32 mm (1-1/4 in.) W at the widest point