The Music Man is truly an American musical classic, following fast-talking traveling salesman Harold Hill and his visit to River City, Iowa where he meets and falls in love with the willful, spinster librarian, Marian Paroo. With his word-a-second style, "Professor" Harold Hill convinces the town to adopt his revolutionary music program, "The Think System," or face the moral decline of the youngsters of River City. Chaos ensues as Hill's credentials are questioned and he is forced to prove himself to the citizens of River City. The Music Man Junior is the perfect production for young singers and actors. Featuring star turns for a young male and female performer, The Music Man is also rich with great supporting roles. In fact, there are more than 24 speaking roles for young performers at a variety of acting levels.
Important information - Please read
Each Broadway Jr. or $495 Kids ShowKit includes: 30 Student Libretto/Actor's Scripts, 1 Piano/Vocal Score, 1 Director Script (including 1 Production Handbook and 1 Cross-Curricular Book), 2 Performance/Accompaniment CDs, 1 Choreography DVD, 1 Media Disk ($645 shows only), and 30 Family Matters Booklets. Upon placing your order, you will receive a contract directly from Hal Leonard Corporation. After the signed contract is returned to Hal Leonard, they will send you the complete ShowKit (non-returnable) and a Dramatic Performing License that will allow your organization unlimited performing rights for one year. J.W. Pepper will then send you an invoice for all the material. For schools or organizations that have licensed the production and purchased the complete ShowKit, additional items are available for an additional cost. To preview each musical, just order the Audio Sampler for the show you are considering. In each sampler you'll find a complete overview of the show, a list of characters, song ranges, scene breakdowns, and a full recording of each song. It also includes a complete description of the ShowKit components, details on how to order, and other important information regarding your performance.
Audio samplers may be purchased anytime.
Show Kit must be purchased in order to purchase all other items.
Due to the fact that "grandrights" must be obtained for licensing and performance of Broadway Jr. Shows, certain restrictions do apply:
- Performances must be done by accredited schools using students in Grade 9 or under only. High schools with students older than ninth grade must contact Music Theater International directly.
- Dance Studios and Summer Camps which are accredited by the American Camping Association may also perform the shows. The summer camp must be connected to an accredited academic elementary/middle school that licenses the show for the camp. These types of organizations will have some different license restrictions with respect to the age of performers, the number of performances allowed and the time frame during which the performances must take place.
- Sorry, orders cannot be processed for Community Theatres, Children's Theatres or Performing Arts schools which do not have an academic curriculum.
- Your purchase price includes the materials in the showkit plus unlimited performing rights for one year. Upon placing your order, you will receive a performance rights license from Hal Leonard Corporation. After the completed license is returned to Hal Leonard, they will send out the complete Showkit (non-returnable). Pepper® will then send you an invoice for the material.
- Products may be sold only in the United States.
The following add-ons are only available to schools/organizations who have licensed the production and purchased the complete ShowKit. Call 1-800-345-6296 to order if you qualify. 3294879 - $40.00 Piano/Vocal Score 3294866 - $50.00 Director's Script/Guide 3294882 - $50.00 Cross-Curricular Book 3214152 - $25.00 Production Handbook 3294878 - $10.00 Student Libretto/Vocal Book 3294883 - $75.00 Student Libretto/Vocal Books (10) 3294880 - $75.00 Performance/Accompaniment CD 3294881 - $50.00 Choreography DVD 10024795-$10.00 Family Matters (10)