The Emmy Award-winning Saturday morning educational cartoon series is not only making an incredible small-screen comeback, it's the basis for one of the most fun, energetic, flexible and easily mounted musicals ever to hit the school stage! Tom, a school teacher nervous about his first day of teaching, tries to relax by watching TV. Suddenly, the Schoolhouse Rock bunch appear in his rec room and proceed to show him how to win his students over with imagination and music, through beloved Schoolhouse Rock songs that cover a variety of subjects: math, science, history and grammar. A loose, revue-like structure allows for a great deal of flexibility in staging and cast size from number to number as well as for the entire show. Set and costume design can be as simple or complex as your budget or imagination allow. And because most of the songs are so familiar and easy to learn, rehearsals are bound to be a snap! Like the classic television series, Schoolhouse Rock Live! Jr. is a hip, entertaining and educational treat that shows young people that learning can be as fun as you choose to make it. (Be sure to visit our website or refer to our catalog ad for the "Broadway Junior" series for additional information about special terms and product options which apply to this show.)
Show Kit must be purchased in order to purchase all other items.
Due to the fact that "grandrights" must be obtained for licensing and performance of Broadway Jr. Shows, certain restrictions do apply:
- Performances must be done by accredited schools using students in Grade 9 or under only. High schools with students older than ninth grade must contact Music Theater International directly.
- Dance Studios and Summer Camps which are accredited by the American Camping Association may also perform the shows. These types of organizations will have some different license restrictions with respect to the age of performers, the number of performances allowed and the time frame during which the performances must take place.
- Sorry, orders cannot be processed for Community Theatres, Children's Theatres or Performing Arts schools which do not have an academic curriculum.
- Your purchase price includes the materials in the showkit plus unlimited performing rights for one year. Upon placing your order, you will receive a performance rights license from Hal Leonard Corporation. After the completed license is returned to Hal Leonard, they will send out the complete Showkit (non-returnable). Pepper® will then send you an invoice for the material.
- Products may be sold only in the United States.
The following add-ons are only available to schools/organizations who have licensed the production and purchased the complete ShowKit. Call 1-800-345-6296 to order if you qualify. 3294887 - $40.00 Piano/Vocal Score 3294885 - $50.00 Director's Script/Guide 3294890 - $50.00 Cross-Curricular Book 3214152 - $25.00 Production Handbook 3294886 - $10.00 Student Libretto/Vocal Book 3294891 - $75.00 Student Libretto/Vocal Books (10) 3294888 - $75.00 Performance/Accompaniment CD 3294889 - $50.00 Choreography DVD 10024795-$10.00 Family Matters (10)