"Go to him to learn how to achieve great effects, by such simple means," said Beethoven of Handel. Yet for all their simplicity, the works that showcase Handel's brilliance, his oratorios and operas, are rich with dramatic strength and lyrical beauty. This collection is a modest attempt to utilize the power of the piano and organ to explore the great sense of melody on display in those works. (Two copies are required for performance.) Titles include: Where'er You Walk; Coro from Water Music; Prayer from Judas Maccabeus; Festive March from Rinaldo; Air from Rinaldo; March from the Occasional Oratorio; Largo from Xerxes; and With Trumpets and Horns.
- WHERE'ER YOU WALK (FROM "SEMELE")
- CORO (FROM "WATER MUSIC")
- PRAYER (FROM "JUDAS MACCABEUS")
- FESTIVE MARCH (FROM "RINALDO")
- MARCH (FROM "OCCASIONAL ORATORIO")
- LARGO (FROM "XERXES")
- WITH TRUMPETS AND HORNS (FROM "WATER MUSIC")