This fast-paced stage adaptation of "Alice in Wonderland" features updated dialogue and new arrangements of such classic Disney songs as I'm Late, The Un-birthday Song and Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah. Join Alice's madcap adventures in Wonderland as she chases the White Rabbit, races the Dodo Bird, gets tied up with the Tweedles, raps with a bubble-blowing Caterpillar, and beats the Queen of Hearts at her own game! Roles are plentiful, including 3 Cheshire Cats and dozens of other wonderfully wacky characters. "Alice in Wonderland Junior" is the perfect show if you have a large number of talented singers and actors. Because of the episodic nature of the show, every character will have their chance to be the focus of the story. The majority of the show takes place in Wonderland, which will allow you to be as creative as you can be with the scenery, costumes and characters. This show can be easy to stage and allows for a great variety of staging in the crazy Wonderland world. Ideas for how to create Alice falling through the Rabbit hole are found in the Director's Guide. There are lots of Wonderland characters you can add throughout the musical including Flowers, Sea Creatures, Royal Cardsmen, etc. You can also have any number of children in the opening and closing scene in the park. There are quite a few solo numbers and solo lines in this score, which makes it one of the more challenging of the collection. However, this show is a great showcase if you have students of all different musical skill levels. One Act. Running Time: 60-80 Minutes. 10 principals, 9 featured roles, plus ensemble.
Important information - Please read
Each Disney Jr. or $495 Kids ShowKit includes: 30 Student Libretto/Actor's Scripts, 1 Piano/Vocal Score, 1 Director Script (including 1 Production Handbook and 1 Cross-Curricular Book), 2 Performance/Accompaniment CDs, 1 Choreography DVD, 1 Media Disk ($645 shows only), and 30 Family Matters Booklets. Each $395 Kids ShowKit includes: 1 Director's Guide, 20 Student Books, 1 Piano/Vocal Score, 1 Choreography DVD, 1 Accompaniment/Guide Vocal CD, and 20 Family Matters Booklets. Upon placing your order, you will receive a contract directly from Hal Leonard Corporation. After the signed contract is returned to Hal Leonard, they will send you the complete ShowKit (non-returnable) and a Dramatic Performing License that will allow your organization unlimited performing rights for one year. J.W. Pepper will then send you an invoice for all the material. For schools or organizations that have licensed the production and purchased the complete ShowKit, additional items are available for an additional cost. To preview each musical, just order the Audio Sampler for the show you are considering. In each sampler you'll find a complete overview of the show, a list of characters, song ranges, scene breakdowns, and a full recording of each song. It also includes a complete description of the ShowKit components, details on how to order, and other important information regarding your performance.
Audio samplers may be purchased anytime.
Show Kit must be purchased in order to purchase all other items.
Due to the fact that "grandrights" must be obtained for licensing and performance of Broadway Jr. Shows, certain restrictions do apply:
- Performances must be done by accredited schools using students in Grade 9 or under only. High schools with students older than ninth grade must contact Music Theater International directly.
- Dance Studios and Summer Camps which are accredited by the American Camping Association may also perform the shows. The summer camp must be connected to an accredited academic elementary/middle school that licenses the show for the camp. These types of organizations will have some different license restrictions with respect to the age of performers, the number of performances allowed and the time frame during which the performances must take place.
- Sorry, orders cannot be processed for Community Theatres, Children's Theatres or Performing Arts schools which do not have an academic curriculum.
- Your purchase price includes the materials in the showkit plus unlimited performing rights for one year. Upon placing your order, you will receive a performance rights license from Hal Leonard Corporation. After the completed license is returned to Hal Leonard, they will send out the complete Showkit (non-returnable). Pepper® will then send you an invoice for the material.
- Products may be sold only in the United States.
The following add-ons are only available to schools/organizations who have licensed the production and purchased the complete ShowKit. Call 1-800-345-6296 to order if you qualify. 10026653 - $40.00 Piano/Vocal Score10026654 - $50.00 Director's Script10026648 - $10.00 Student Script 10026649 - $75.00 Student Scripts (10) 10026655 - $75.00 Performance/Accompaniment CD 10026657 - $10.00 Performance CD 10026658 - $100.00 Performance CDs (20) 3214152 - $25.00 Production Handbook 10026661 - $50.00 Choreography DVD10024795 - $10.00 Family Matters (10)