(Anthology of African-American Spirituals)Rene Boyer-Alexander - Hal Leonard Corporation
The history of the African-American people is one of physical hardship and anguish, yet the music arising from this struggle, the spiritual, is full of deeply felt emotion. This collection of spirituals for voices and Orff instruments is a chronicle of expression that will enrich and uplift both children and adults in classrooms, choirs, community gatherings and churches. In three volumes or one complete edition, it includes over 55 song arrangements, historical background, suggested program uses and cultural connections. Songs include This Little Light of Mine, Swing Low Sweet Chariot, The Old Ark's a-Moverin', Ezekiel Saw the Wheel, I'm Gonna Sing When the Spirit Says Sing and many more.
Full Song List
- LITTLE DAVID, PLAY ON YOUR HARP
- ROCK-A-MY SOUL
- SWING LOW, SWEET CHARIOT
- THIS LITTLE LIGHT OF MINE
- THIS TRAIN
- WADE IN THE WATER
- WHEN THE SAINTS GO MARCHING IN
- I GOT A SHOES
- DO LORD
- DIDN'T MY LORD DELIVER DANIEL?
- OH WON'T YOU SIT DOWN?
- NOW LET ME FLY
- GET ON BOARD, LITTLE CHILDREN
- WHO DID SWALLOW JONAH?
- OLD ZION'S CHILDREN MARCH.ALONG
- WHO BUILT THE ARK?
- THE OLD ARK'S A MOVERIN'
- HOLD ON
- I'M GOIN' HOME ON THE MORNING TRAIN
- ROLL DE OL' CHARIOT ALONG
- EVERY TIME I FEEL THE SPIRIT
- GO DOWN, MOSES
- JOSHUA FIT THE BATTLE OF JERICHO)