Representing the next level of professional recording performance, the H4n delivers superior audio quality and dramatically improves the user experience. The H4n's onboard X/Y stereo condenser mics are arranged with the right and left mics on the same axis. This design ensures that the mics are always equidistant from the sound source for perfect localization with no phase shifting. Frequency response also remains uniform throughout your recording. The result is great stereo recording with natural depth and accurate imaging every time. The mics also adjust for variable recording patterns at either 90 degrees or 120 degrees.
The H4n is the only handheld recorder that allows you to record on four channels simultaneously by using its onboard mics with either external mics or direct inputs. For even more versatility, the H4n also features a Mid-Side stereo decoder that allows you to utilize this classic microphone setup. The H4n includes: 1 GB SD card, windscreen, mic clip adapter, AC adapter, USB cable, protective case and Cubase LE recording software.
- Built-in X/Y stereo mics record at either 90 degrees or 120 degrees
- Four channel simultaneous recording using built-in and external mics
- Digitally controlled, high-quality mic preamp for improved audio quality
- Large 1.9-Inch LCD screen and improved user interface for easy operation
- 24bit/96kHz Linear PCM recording for pristine recording
- MP3 recording for increased recording time
- Built-in reference speaker to check recordings
- Records on SD/SDHC media of up to 32GB for maximum recording time
- Variable speed playback capability for "phrase training"
- USB 2.0 port for fast file transfer
- XLR inputs with phantom power allow recording with any mic
- Hi-Z Inputs for recording guitar and bass
- Studio effects onboard, including guitar and bass amp modeling
- USB audio interface capability
- Low-cut filter to reduce noise
- Normalizing and file splitting functions
- Mono mix function
- Onboard tuner and metronome