Musicplay is an award winning music curriculum for elementary schools. Musicplay is a sequential curriculum with lessons that follow the calendar year. The weekly lesson outlines the new concepts that will be taught, those that will be reviewed, and include seasonal and holiday repertoire. The planning is done for the teacher!
* Year Plans are included for each grade.
* Monthly Lesson Outlines give you the month at a glance.
* 40 weekly detailed lessons offer you a menu of musical activities.
There is more than enough material in the lesson plan for two thirty minute music classes.
The lesson plans are like a menu. There are many song choices and for each song there are activities to choose from. You choose the songs and the activities that teach the curriculum concepts required by your state or province (Musicplay is aligned to all state and provincial curriculums!) You choose the songs and activities that hold the most appeal for you and your students.
Feel free to substitute freely - Musicplay provides the framework - you get to make the choices.
Recordings are included in the teacher's guides! (No downloads from itunes are required)
* 4 Performance/Accompaniment CDs of songs and multicultural listening examples are included.
The Musicplay 4 CDs have more than 100 musical selections! Child and adult voices are used, and there are many recordings licensed from popular children’s entertainers. Accompaniments include Orff arrangements, piano accompaniments and orchestrated accompaniments. Performance songs on the CDs have both performance tracks and accompaniment tracks - you can use the accompaniments only for your performances. Multicultural songs feature authentic performances - the songs are in original languages and are sung by native singers. Many of the multicultural songs are game songs that appeal to children even though the language and sound may be unfamiliar. Many rounds are included so your students can begin singing in parts. There are wonderful choral selections and folk song arrangements in Musicplay 4 in unison as well as two parts.
* Assessment suggestions are given throughout the teacher's guides.
* Checklists of important skills are included if your district requires the use of them.
* Reproducibles are included in Musicplay 2-6.
* The Musicplay 4 teacher's guide includes reproducible beginning recorder materials.
* A recorder performance/accompaniment CD is included!
* Musicplay 4 reproducibles include many worksheets for music writing practice and assessment
Musicplay supports and enhances science, social studies, and language arts curriculums. In fourth grade, songs to teach vowels and consonants are included. The Musicplay 4 student books or Digital Resources are a wonderful literacy tool providing many opportunities for shared reading. Students will develop reading skills while they learn music.
Poetry is included in Musicplay 4. Science concepts are taught as well - Musicplay 4 includes many songs that teach about the environment.