arr. Al Hager - Kendor Music, Inc.
First written in 1908 by three soldiers stationed at Fort Stotsenburg in the Philippines, this song quickly became popular in field artillery units. It was then transformed into a march by John Philip Sousa in 1917 and renamed The Field Artillery Song, eventually becoming the official song of the United States Army. Range, rhythms, tempo, keys and the familiar melody will all be comfortable territory for student groups.