Kuimba Nafsi Yangu is a celebratory song derived from common Swahili phrases of joy: "Sing my soul, sing my heart. Sing for peace, sing for joy. There is so much love here, yes!" Intended as a concert opener or closer, this spirited piece is pure energy from start to finish as the piano and djembes drive the momentum forward while the choir sings in call and response. Highly recommended!
- 2018 CT ACDA Fall Conference - SATB Session
- 2018 TENNESSEE MID-STATE MIXED CHORUS
- 2018/2019 Region 25 MS/JH Audition Selections
- 2019 Middle School All State Director's Choir
- 2020 South Dakota MEA - SATB Repertoire for HS Singers
- MCDA 2017 Reading Session Booklet 3
- MMEA Northwest All District Choir 2018