MusicFirst Junior is a whole-school learning platform built especially for the K-5 music classroom. The platform incorporates quality audio, video, software, and interactive learning to create an active and engaging music classroom where you, the teacher, remains in control of your lessons.
This classroom in the cloud includes a complete K-5 curriculum with sequential lessons, aligned with the national standards, which integrate seamlessly with software students use to explore and create music in the classroom and beyond. You can also upload, assemble, or build your own lessons using videos, audio files, PDFs and other media that can be shared in presentation mode or through individual assignments to supplement existing lessons and meet district curriculum needs. The software builds a secure online portfolio for each student, collecting compositions, recordings, written responses, quizzes and tests that are easily reviewed by both the teacher and student, allowing you to track the exact level of each student's progress. All this is available to your entire school's student body at an incredible price! Each subscription comes with one teacher login, but additional teacher logins can be purchased.
MusicFirst Junior includes:
- Whiteboard presentation mode and individual assignment mode
- Full K-5 curriculum with sequential suggested lessons including Orff and Kodaly material
- Simple Recorder (app) - Allows students to record themselves or their performances on their devices, with the recordings being immediately avaiable for Teachers to review.
- Morton Subotnick's Music Academy (ear training) - This ear training and music making method created by a master educator Morton Subotnick presents a child-friendly, experimental approach for learning, creating and performing music where every student can excel.
- Groovy Music (composition) - Groovy Music Cloud Edition lets your elementary students create and explore music in a natural and intuitive way. In Create mode, Groovy shows animated objects to represent musical building blocks such as melodies, rhythms, and chords. Explore mode uses voice-led sequenced learning pathways with student interaction built in. Using the Graphic Note and Rhythm Editors, students can overlay graphic notes and a musical staff onto their animated song to view and edit the music they have created.
- Instruments First (listening and theory) - This new addition to the suite uses colorful information on instruments from across the world to develop listening and theory skills. A special class display mode, hundreds of quizzes and an abundance of basic theory instruction are included.