MusicFirst Performer Basic is a Learning Management System (LMS) designed specifically for students at the upper-elementary, middle and high school levels who participate in your performing ensembles. Designed to bolster musical understanding, skill development, purposeful practice, creativity, and accountability in each student, this system places powerful and purposeful online music learning tools into students' hands while allowing you, the teacher, to direct the path forward for your learners individually or as a class. The comprehensive set of built-in tools takes the hassle out of testing, grading and reporting, allowing you to customize assessments and lessons for an individual student, class, school, or district, offer feedback to students, and create a digital portfolio for each student.
Note: there is a minimum purchase of 50 seats, including the teacher, and a mandatory first-time getting-started webinar fee for schools that are new subscribers. Additional options include half- or full-day training for music staff.
MusicFirst Performer Basic includes:
- MusicFirst Online Classroom
- Digital grade book
- Drag and drop plan book
- Shared content that includes courses, units, lessons, and assessments
- Teacher-created lesson plans
- Communication tools
- Assessments & assessment analytics
- Audio recorder (for submitting assignments)
- Integration with Google Classroom & Cut Time
- PracticeFirst (practice and assessment) - This is a truly affordable way to allow your students to practice anytime, anywhere, on most internet-enabled devices, with instant feedback and flexibility. Available exclusively through the MusicFirst Online Classroom, PracticeFirst uses the microphone in your device to detect sound. The software can provide instant feedback about the accuracy of pitch, rhythm, tempo and more through a graphical interface. Perfect for band, orchestral, and choral practice, PracticeFirst gives teachers easy-to-use tools for creating assignments that are broadly inclusive or individualized to each student. Instantaneous feedback can help accelerate student progress and make practice purposeful and fun! Use the exercises provided, create your own, or browse through the premium content to choose the path that is right for your students.
- Sight Reading Factory (sight-reading) - Make practicing the important skill of sight-reading quick, easy, effective, and fun! This versatile program is for educators who teach band, choir, and orchestra. Sight-reading exercises can be generated instantly for solo voices, instruments, and even full ensembles, for beginning through advanced-level students. Use the exercises in class by projecting to the front of your classroom, have students read off their devices, or print the exercises on paper. Sight Reading Factory generates "real" music governed by many rules so that the examples make musical sense. You'll find it saves you time and effort: it delivers multiple difficulty levels; allows complete customization; generates unlimited sight-reading examples for individuals and groups up to the full ensemble; and provides tools to make feedback and assessment easy.
- Focus on Sound (music theory & music history) - This multimedia encyclopedia of music is a teacher's dream, with unlimited listening tests, quizzes, and an extensive lesson system for developing skills in melody, harmony, rhythm, technology, and theory. Featuring 200 instruments, voices, and groups, with beautiful photos, recordings, music scores, and videos.
- O-Generator (composition) - O-Generator enables students to compose and learn using popular and world music styles. O-Generator makes music accessible to all students, of all abilities. It engages students by using music that engages them! Lesson plans and assessment tools are provided to monitor students and classes in four main areas: Create; Learn Lessons; Play Lessons; and Group Lessons.