MusicFirst Performer Notation is a Learning Management System (LMS) designed specifically for students at the upper-elementary, middle and high school levels who participate in your performing ensembles. This Notation version of the LMS includes all the programs available in the Basic platform and also includes Noteflight Learn, the leading classroom notation and composition tool. Designed to bolster musical understanding, skill development, purposeful practice, creativity, and accountability with each student, MusicFirst Performer places powerful and purposeful online music learning tools into students' hands while allowing you, the teacher, to direct the path forward for your learners individually or as a class. The comprehensive set of built-in tools takes the hassle out of testing, grading and reporting, allowing you to customize assessments and lessons for an individual student, class, school, or district, offer feedback to students, and create a digital portfolio for each student.
Note: there is a minimum purchase of 50 seats, including teacher; a mandatory first-time getting-started webinar fee for schools who are new subscribers, and an annual Noteflight Learn fee (required with order). Additional options include Lesono and Focus on Sound, as well as half- or full-day training for music staff.
MusicFirst Performer Notation includes:
- MusicFirst Online Classroom
- Grade book
- Drag and drop plan book
- Shared content that includes courses, units, lessons, and assessments
- Teacher-created lesson plans
- Audio recorder
- Integration with Google Classroom
- PracticeFirst (practice and assessment) - This is a truly affordable way to allow your students to practice anytime, anywhere, on most internet-enabled devices, with instant feedback and flexibility. Available exclusively through the MusicFirst Online Classroom, PracticeFirst uses the microphone in your device to detect sound. The software can provide instant feedback about the accuracy of pitch, rhythm, tempo and more through a graphical interface. Perfect for band, orchestral and choral practice, PracticeFirst gives teachers easy-to-use tools for creating assignments that are broad or individualized to each student. Instantaneous feedback can help accelerate student progress and make practice purposeful and fun! Use the exercises provided, create your own, or browse through the premium content to choose the path that is right for your students.
- Sight Reading Factory (sight-reading) - Make practicing the important skill of sight-reading quick, easy, effective and fun! This versatile program is for educators who teach band, choir, and orchestra. Sight-reading exercises can be generated instantly for solo voices, instruments, and even full ensembles, for beginning through advanced-level students. Use the exercises in class by projecting to the front of your classroom, have students read off their devices, or print the exercises on paper. Sight Reading Factory generates "real" music governed by many rules so that the examples make musical sense. You'll find it saves you time and effort: it delivers multiple difficulty levels; allows complete customization; provides unlimited sight-reading examples; generates full-ensemble sight-reading examples; and provides tools to make feedback and assessment easy.
- Noteflight Learn (notation) - Noteflight Learn is a private online music learning community designed specifically for music education. Every user has Noteflight Premium notation features, including performance and assessment tools. Key features include: a notation editor where students can compose and arrange their own music; the ability for educators to create their own musical resources to share with students; a private community for secure communication and collaboration within classes and ensembles; activity templates for composition and theory assignments; perform mode for listening to and performing along with selected parts of a score; and discussion and assignment forums for communication and assessment.
Focus on Sound - (music theory/music history) This multimedia encyclopedia of music is a teacher's dream, with unlimited listening tests, quizzes, and an extensive lesson system for developing skills in melody, harmony, rhythm, technology, and theory. Featuring 200 instruments, voices and groups with beautiful photos, recordings, music scores and videos.
Lesono - (video recorder) This online video recorder provides each student with up to 15 hours of recorded video per year. Teachers have total control over the video recorder and how it is used through the intuitive task-creation feature. Students who have been assigned video recording tasks simply launch the software from within the task, record their video, preview it and then choose to either re-record or submit.