MusicFirst Secondary Classroom Basic is a Learning Management System (LMS) designed specifically for those students at the middle and high school levels who are studying general music, music theory, music history, and music composition. Designed to bolster understanding, creativity, and accountability in each student, this system places powerful and purposeful online music learning tools into students' hands while allowing you, the teacher, to direct the path forward for your learners. The comprehensive set of built-in tools takes the hassle out of testing, grading, and reporting, allowing you to customize assessments and projects for your classes, offer feedback to your students, and create a digital portfolio for each student.
Note: there is a minimum purchase of 50 seats, including the teacher; a mandatory first-time getting-started webinar fee for schools that are new subscribers; and an annual Noteflight Learn fee (required with order). Additional options include half- or full-day training for music staff.
MusicFirst Secondary Classroom Basic includes:
- MusicFirst Online Classroom
- Digital grade book
- Drag and drop plan book
- Shared content that includes courses, units, lessons, and assessments
- Teacher-created lesson plans
- Communication tools
- Assessments & assessment analytics
- Audio recorder (for submitting assignments)
- Integration with Google Classroom & Cut Time
- Focus on Sound (music theory & music history) - This multimedia encyclopedia of music is a teacher's dream, with unlimited listening tests, quizzes, and an extensive lesson system for developing skills in melody, harmony, rhythm, technology, and theory. Featuring 200 instruments, voices, and groups, with beautiful photos, recordings, music scores, and videos.
- O-Generator (composition) - O-Generator enables students to compose and learn using popular and world music styles. O-Generator makes music accessible to all students, of all abilities. It engages students by using music that engages them! Lesson plans and assessment tools are provided to monitor students and classes in four main areas: Create; Learn Lessons; Play Lessons; and Group Lessons.
- Sound Trap (audio recording) - Sound Trap is a digital audio workstation (DAW) accessible directly in your browser. Sound Trap includes a large set of high-quality professional loops; guitar, bass, and vocal effects; the ability to record vocals, electric guitars, acoustic guitar, bass and more; preamps; built-in sampled instruments such as piano, organ, synths, and drums; recordings automatically saved in the cloud; online collaboration tools; and compatibility with a variety of devices such as Windows, Mac, Chromebook, Linux, Android phones and tablets, and iPad.
- Noteflight Learn (notation) - Noteflight Learn is a private online music learning community designed specifically for music education. Every user has Noteflight Premium notation features including performance and assessment tools. Key features include: a notation editor where students can compose and arrange their own music; the ability for educators to create their own musical resources to share with students; a private community for secure communication and collaboration within classes and ensembles; activity templates for composition and theory assignments; Perform Mode for listening to and performing along with selected parts of a score; and discussion and assignment forums for communication and assessment.