MusicFirst Secondary Classroom Complete is a Learning Management System (LMS) designed specifically for those students at the middle and high school levels who are studying general music, music theory, music history, and music composition. Designed to bolster understanding, creativity, and accountability with each student, this system places powerful and purposeful online music learning tools into students' hands while allowing you, the teacher, to direct the path forward for your learners. The comprehensive set of built-in tools takes the hassle out of testing, grading and reporting, allowing you to customize assessments and projects for your classes, offer feedback to your students, and create a digital portfolio for each student.
Note: there is a minimum purchase of 50 seats, including teacher; a mandatory first-time getting-started webinar fee for schools who are new subscribers, and an annual Noteflight Learn fee that should be included in your order. Additional options include Lesono and Focus on Sound, as well as half- or full-day training for music staff.
MusicFirst Secondary Classroom Complete includes:
- Music First Online Classroom
- Grade book
- Drag and drop plan book
- Shared content that includes courses, units, lessons, and assessments
- Teacher-created lesson plans
- Integrates with Google Classroom
- Focus on Sound (music theory & music history) - This multimedia encyclopedia of music is a teacher's dream, with unlimited listening tests, quizzes, and an extensive lesson system for developing skills in melody, harmony, rhythm, technology, and theory. Featuring 200 instruments, voices and groups with beautiful photos, recordings, music scores and videos.
- Sound Trap (audio recording) Sound Trap is a digital audio workstation (DAW) accessible directly in your browser. Sound Trap includes a large set of high-quality, professional loops; ability to record vocals, electric guitars, acoustic guitar, bass and more; preamps and a large number of high-quality guitar, bass and vocal effects; built-in sampled instruments such as piano, organ, synths, and drums; recordings automatically saved in the cloud; online collaboration tools; and compatibility with a variety of devices such as Windows, Mac, Chromebook, Linux, Android phones, and tablets and iPad.
- O-Generator (composition) - O-Generator enables students to compose and learn using popular and world music styles. O-Generator makes music accessible to all students, of all abilities. It engages students by using music that engages them! Lesson plans and assessment tools are provided to monitor students and classes in four main areas: Create; Learn Lessons; Play Lessons and Group Lessons.
- Noteflight Learn (notation) - Noteflight Learn is a private online music learning community designed specifically for music education. Every user has Noteflight Premium notation features including performance and assessment tools. Key features include: a notation editor where students can compose and arrange their own music; the ability for educators to create their own musical resources to share with students; a private community for secure communication and collaboration within classes and ensembles; activity templates for composition and theory assignments; perform mode for listening to and performing along with selected parts of a score; and discussion and assignment forums for communication and assessment.
- Auralia First (ear training) - AuraliaFirst allows your students to develop their musical ear and complete assessment tasks at school or home. Students can practice drills, work through lessons, and complete tests in areas such as intervals, chords, scales, terms, rhythm, cadences, and melody, in topics and levels that are ideally suited for beginning through advanced students. The assessment and record keeping make administration tasks a breeze, allowing you to spend more time actually teaching.
- Musition First (music theory) MusitionFirst allows your students to develop their musicianship and complete assessment tasks at school or home. Students can practice drills, work through lessons and complete tests, in areas such as intervals, chords, scales, terms, rhythm, cadences, and melody, in topics and levels that are ideally suited for beginning through advanced students. The assessment and record keeping make administration tasks a breeze, allowing you to spend more time actually teaching.