Mystery Song Music Listening Bundle #4Cori Bloom - Cori Bloom
These listening lessons are a creative and engaging way to get your students thinking about classic pieces of music. The presentation easily guides you through each lesson. First, students read a brief history of the composer. Then they do a cold listen to the piece while taking notes on a listening worksheet (included). After that they do a longer listen while students creatively draw the musical picture they feel the song is creating. In the end they are surprised to find out the real title of the song! They will read a brief description of the piece and then take home a coloring worksheet with review information about the composer and the piece.
Each lesson is designed to last 25-40 minutes and works great as a stand-alone lesson. Lessons can also be used to introduce a unit on a particular genre or piece, and they can easily be used by a sub. They are easily adaptable for all elementary grades.
- The Aquarium, Camille Saint-Saens
- The Flight of the Bumblebee, Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov
- Lullaby, Johannes Brahms
Included in each lesson:
- PowerPoint presentation with EDITABLE TEXT
- PDF copy of the PowerPoint
- Printable listening worksheets (includes a variety of difficulties)
- Printable send-home review sheet
- Teacher's guide