To mark their 50th anniversary, The King's Singers would like to take you on a new musical journey - one that pays tribute to their heritage, but also showcases the diversity of music in our world today and harnesses the maverick spirit that guided the original King's Singers. This collection shows renewed commitment by the iconic a cappella group to continue to be dynamic players both now and in the future of music. Unleashing all the joy they find in song, and crowning half a century of dedication to music, the result is GOLD.
This premium boxed-set collection features:
- A newly recorded triple-disc album, GOLD. Sixty tracks are divided across three albums, themed as Close Harmony, Spiritual, and Secular. Including ancient motets, brand-new commissions from celebrated composers such as John Rutter and Bob Chilcott, and much-loved arrangements of close-harmony music especially written for the group, the album reflects the extraordinary diversity and outstanding quality of their repertoire.
- A copy of the brand-new book chronicling The King's Singers extraordinary journey over the past five decades of music-making. This keepsake edition includes a year-by-year guide to the events, the music and the people who have shaped the past 50 years. There are exclusive interviews with all 24 surviving members of the group, past and present; complete details of their recordings and commissions; and a wealth of photos. The artwork for the book was hand-painted by the current King's Singers, creating a special memento and a must-have for anyone who has enjoyed The King's Singers over that last 50 years.
– A GOLD-branded USB memory stick containing high-definition audio files of all tracks on the three discs, clips of audio interviews with King's Singers members past and present, videos of the making of GOLD, and rarely seen historic images
– A facsimile of an original handwritten score of one of the earliest and most treasured folk songs to enter The King’s Singers’ library: the late Gordon Langford’s Bobby Shaftoe. Never before has one of his original manuscripts been shared publicly!
– A signed letter from the current members of the group