Composer of the Month bulletin boards are a great way to introduce new music to your students while incorporating music history and listening activities to supplement lessons. They look great as décor and can be changed as often as needed to reflect your curriculum or performance pieces.
Suggested month: January
Two name spellings available: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and W.A. Mozart
• Month labels
• Generic Composer of the Month title page (no composer name)
• Generic spotlight composer title page (no composer name)
• Composer of the Month title page (with composer name)
• Spotlight composer title page (with composer name)
• Birth and death years (with composer name)
• Definition of the Month: Symphony
• Definition of the Month: Concerto
• Spotlight Definition: Symphony
• Spotlight Definition: Concerto
• Public domain picture of Mozart
• Facts about Mozart
• Types of compositions by Mozart
• Mozart's famous works (clickable SafeShareTV links): Eine kleine Nachtmusik; Rondo Alla Turca; The Marriage of Figaro; Requiem Mass in D Minor; Symphony No. 40; Horn Concerto No. 4
Blank option pages include:
• Blank landscape page(with musical background and white-filled frame)
• Blank portrait page(w/ musical background and white-filled frame)
• Blank Definition of the Month page
• Blank Spotlight Definition page
Two PowerPoint files have been added (one for portrait and one for landscape pages) that include the four blank option pages noted above. Font information and installation help links included.
Pages containing content are not editable, but the PowerPoint templates will allow you to add your own supplemental information.
Both PDFs and JPGs available for all pages.
All pages include an ink-saver option. Use these black-and-white options to print on your own colored cardstock or use as handouts for activities, centers, and more!