Organized Chaos General Music Curriculum K-6Elizabeth Caldwell - Organized Chaos
This is a complete curriculum resource for K-6 general music. It is designed to be adapted to a variety of teaching needs, so the material is organized by concept within each month rather than scripted lessons. You can design your own specific lesson plans based on the standards you need to address, the amount of class time you have, and the students and resources you have in your classes. Everything you need to teach the lessons is included.
The materials in this set are teacher-tested and can easily be used in a variety of methodologies including Orff, Kodaly, Dalcroze, and Suzuki, and are careful to incorporate a wide range of learning styles and interests. This set can be used as a stand-alone curriculum - there is enough material to cover eight half-hour lessons per month - or you can pick and choose your favorites to incorporate into other curricula you may already be using. The material can easily be expanded to cover more grades, including middle school and preschool, or condensed for less class time, and the sequencing can be switched around to meet teacher preference or methodologies. While the resource is designed to meet the U.S. National Core Arts Standards, there are no formal references to specific standards - you can easily copy and paste into whatever lesson plan format you need for your school.
Included in this set:
- A description of the lesson activities for each grade, organized within each grade by skills and concepts taught (fully editable Word and PDF formats)
- A sample lesson sequence (Word and PDF)
- Assessments with sample rubrics
- Slides and visuals to use with the lessons (PowerPoint and PDF)
- Worksheets and other printables to use with the lessons (PDF)
- A song reference, with each song used in the lessons notated for your reference (Word document- notated songs are JPG image files)
- Fillable lesson plan template based on the U.S. National Core Arts Standards (fillable PDF form)
- Yearly outline document showing all the skills and concepts taught by grade and month
The purchase of this set entitles the buyer to use the materials in their own classroom. If you would like to use this in collaboration with your department or to share with other teachers, please contact the publisher: [email protected]
Due to the variety of resources offered in this file, the download comes in a zipped file.